Musso 5030 Ice Cream Machine repairs

I bought a well-used Musso Stella 5030 ice cream machine recently. It is a high-end home machine, or a small commercial machine, capable of doing 1.5 liter batches. This model has several names L2 / 5030 / Stella / Pollo, but they seem to be all the same.


However, at some point I was doing an ice cream that got too hard and the arm froze to the bowl. A nasty sound was heard and one of the gears was broken as the arm could freely move around in some angles.

There are a number of on-line part suppliers but not much information about the machine itself on a technical level, so I thought to collect some of the notes here.

US-type Disclaimer: I take no responsibility what happens to you or your machine while repairing it...


General Construction

The design of the machine is said (from unknown reference) to be from the 50's and has changed very little since. Not completely true, but it is a very simple design with no electronics, computers or databuses involved. 

This exploded view of the machine is available at a number of places online:


Spare Part Suppliers

There are a number of (unverified) spare parts suppliers on the net:

England:

Sweden:

Netherlands:
Ijsmachine.com

Czec:
Šleháme

USA:
Electra-Craft


In the end i bought my spare part from KitchenLab so I got quick delivery, but very expensive. Plastic gear for 75 Euro.

Comments

Unknown said…
very informative, thanks the trouble u had taken for posting online

regards
subramaniam
Unknown said…
Mine did the same ! Anyhow - does anyone know how the shaft sleeve attaches ? Does it just unscrew ??

Thanks !
Petrus said…
Hi Unknown,

I think the reply function has been problematic on the site so maybe you didn't get my previous response.

I do not know how the shaft sleeve attaches, I think it is threaded and should unscrew (with the joint between them at the bowl edge) but I have tried with some force and it seemed quite stuck.

Please let us know if you find out!
Regards
/Petrus
Unknown said…
my musso pola stella L2, cools but the switch goes out on the chill. Should I replace the capacitor or new switch?